Kamikaze Collection Miyabi Coat
Whether you are a DIY person, or a professional detailer, you will find MIYABI Coat to be the easiest coating product you've ever applied. We have seen on forums where DIY'ers have been turned off on coatings simply because they were such a pain to work with. In those cases, the people simply chose the wrong product. MIYABI is easy to use, very effective, looks fantastic, and hardly has any smell to it whatsoever (some coatings smell so bad that you'll want to use a respirator for safety).
And despite what some coating manufacturers wish to say, a product doesn't have to be difficult to apply to be good. That can't be further from the truth. MIYABI does a tremendous job of protecting your paint from airborne elements, and makes maintenance much easier.
A protective glass / ceramic / quartz coating has 3 purposes...provide self-cleaning properties / ease of maintenance, protect from airborne elements sticking to the finish, and provide long-term gloss / good looks. It will not protect against rock chips, and the only protection from that is Paint Protection Film (aka ppf, aka "clear bra"). A wax or sealant will last from 1-6 months, whereas coatings will last several years or more. With MIYABI Coat, the life expectancy on a daily driver is 18-24 months with one coat. We recommend a maximum of 2 coats of MIYABI for the best looks and durability.
For most vehicles, one 30ml bottle of MIYABI Coat is more than enough to apply 2 coats. A little bit goes a long way.
Instructions for Applying Miyabi
- Start with a clean, dry surface that has no wax or sealants on it. Use Gyeon Prep to fully strip the surface prior to coating.
- While polishing the surface first is not necessary, it is recommended to bring out the best looks in the finish
- Start with top surfaces first, and do a maximum of 2 sections at a time (door and quarter panel, roof and trunk lid, etc).
- In straight line motions, apply a thin layer to the surface, then switch directions in a cross-hatch pattern to ensure even application (do not add more product when you switch directions).
- Let the coating set on the surface for 3-5 minutes, then remove residue using 2 different towels. Keep the towels separate as you use one for the first wipe, then the other for the follow-up wipe. Ensure that you get ALL residue / dark patches off of the surface. Pressure is not needed during this process, as the residue should come off easily.
- Once you're finished, thoroughly inspect the vehicle (use a flashlight!) to make sure there are no dark spots remaining. Once this dries / cures, it can only be removed via machine polishing.
- Work out of direct sunlight, preferably in a garage. Do not apply in temperatures below about 50 degrees. During very high temperatures / humidity, reduce the amount of time between application and removal.
- IF you should allow the product to sit on the surface too long, it will become tacky / sticky. If this happens, apply more product right over top if it, and immediately remove.
- Let the coating dry / cure for at least 24 hours before allowing it to get wet. The longer it stays dry the better, as it will continue to cure for about 5 days (you CAN drive the car during this time). We recommend that you don't wash the car for about a week afterwards.
- DO NOT wax, apply sealant, or use quick detailers with your newly coated car. Full instructions on how to maintain the vehicle can be found in the following video: How to Wash and Maintain a Coated Vehicle.
- Once the bottle of coating is opened, the curing process begins, even if you put the cap back on tightly. Once opened, you should use the coating within one month's time.
- Please be sure to use all coatings as soon as you can from the time you receive them.
- All coatings have a limited shelf life due to the chemical nature of how they crystallize. Look to use coatings within 4-6 months of receiving them (less if bottle is opened).
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
The EASIEST glass coating in the world!
Kamikaze Miyabi provides incredible looks for your vehicle, wi...
The MOST used coating in our shop | KAMIKAZE Miyabi Review and Demo
We do hundreds of ceramic coating applications every year at E...
Ceramic coating a car - Are you DESTROYING yours?!
ESOTERIC'S new 2.0 video series kicks off with one of the most...