DeFelsko PosiTector 200 Paint Depth Gauge for Non-metal Panels
The Most Detailed and Feature-Packed Paint Depth Gauge for Automotive Detailers
The DeFelsko PosiTector 200 Paint Thickness Gauge is a must-have item for any serious detailers who frequently work on high-end and exotic cars that have panels that are made of carbon fiber, kevlar, fiberglass, and plastic. This tool is invaluable in this role, as it serves as an insurance policy to avoid costly mistakes that could occur if you were to burn through the clear coat on a car.
An Insurance Policy to Eliminate Burned Paint on Priceless Cars
When working on cars that have appreciable value, the PosiTector 200 gives you peace of mind that you know exactly how thick each layer of paint is, ensuring that you don't accidentally burn paint when performing high level paint correction/paint polishing. We've seen so many cars over the years that have burned paint from previous detailers who were not as careful as we are. Don't be that kind of detailer!
Features of the PosiTector 200
- Ready to use- no calibration needed out of the box
- Large 2.8" color touchscreen that allows you to easily navigate while using the tool
- Measures plastic, fiberglass, carbon fiber, kevlar, and other synthetic materials
- Displays average readings for up to 99 individual readings
- Storage capacity of up to 1,000 readings
- Full color display
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase
- USB port for connection to PC
- Measures in both mils and microns
- Mil: 1/1000th of an inch
- Micron: 1/1000th of a millimeter
- We prefer to use microns, because a smaller increment of measure offers more accuracy
- Measurement range:
- 0.5-40 mils / 13-1000 microns
- +/- 0.1 mils or 2 microns
- Comes with soft carrying case, lanyard, plastic calibration shims, ultrasonic coupler gel, USB cable for charging, owner's manual, Certificate of Calibration, and 2 year warranty information
Once ordered, your DeFelsko DFT Combo Paint Depth Gauge will drop-ship directly from DeFelsko.