DeFelsko DFT Combo Paint Depth Gauge
The Most Versatile Paint Depth Gauge for Automotive Detailers
The DeFelsko DFT Combo Paint Thickness Gauge is a must-have item for any serious detailer or car owner who performs high-level paint correction on cars. The DFT Combo allows you to precisely measure the thickness of a car's paintwork so that you can successfully navigate whether or not you have enough paint/clear coat to safely compound and polish. This tool is invaluable in this role, as it serves as an insurance policy to avoid costly mistakes that could occur if you were to burn through the clear coat on a car.
The Perfect Tool When Purchasing Cars
For car owners and collectors, the DFT Combo will allow you to identify the various paint depths of each panel of a car to see whether one or more panels has been repainted. The DFT Combo Paint Depth Gauge will show you variations of paint depth from one panel to the next, showing you where a wide variation from the averages around the car that indicate past body work. This will help you negotiate with sellers on the proper valuation of the vehicle.
Features of the DFT Combo
- Fast readings: capable of 60+ readings per minute
- Measures both steel and aluminum panels (does not measure on plastic or synthetic body panels)
- Displays average readings for up to 99 individual readings
- Full color display
- Auto-rotating display for use right-side-up or up-side-down
- Measures in both mils and microns
- Mil: 1/1000th of an inch
- Micron: 1/1000th of a millimeter
- We prefer to use microns, because a smaller increment of measure offers more accuracy
- Measurement range:
- 0-40 mils / 0-1000 microns
- +/- 0.1 mils or 2 microns
- Comes with wrist strap, plastic shims, hard shell storage case, 2 AAA batteries, instructions, Certificate of Calibration, and 2 year warranty information
Once ordered, your DeFelsko DFT Combo Paint Depth Gauge will drop-ship directly from DeFelsko.