Zipang Coat by KAMIKAZE Collection not only represents an evolution in their world-renowned coatings that are hand-made in Japan, but it’s also the highest performing coating in the KAMIKAZE lineup.
Sticking with KAMIKAZE-Collection’s traditional development processes, Zipang Coat was created with ease of use in mind. This ease of use, along with the highest levels of performance, are what have made the KAMIKAZE coatings so popular with both the professional detailer and detailing enthusiasts alike.
With Zipang Coat, the chemistry provides even higher levels of gloss and brilliance than their ISM / ISM Pro coatings, and it offers semi self-healing characteristics, meaning that the appearance of small swirls or imperfections in the coating surface will reduce when exposed to heat.
For those looking for the ultimate in coating protection, we recommend Zipang Coat for its unmatched looks, hydrophobicity, ease of use, and semi self-healing technology. Durability is rated at 5+ years. Zipang Coat also provides a darkening effect to the paint (blacks will be deeper black, richer reds, etc), and has the ability to lightly fill small imperfections in the paint.
Layering Options for Zipang Coat
Good: 1 layer of Zipang Coat
Better: Base layer of Kamikaze Miyabi Coat, topped with Zipang Coat
Best: Base layer of Zipang Coat, middle layer of Miyabi Coat, top layer of Zipang Coat (This will provide the best looks, best durability, and the most semi self-healing characteristics).
- Shake bottle
- Apply a small amount of Zipang Coat onto applicator cloth/block…enough for even coverage.
- Apply to surface in straight lines only (do not cross-hatch) with a little overlap to ensure a thick, even coverage to the surface.
- Using a 2-towel method (one designated for the initial wipe, the second to do the final wipe), gently remove the coating residue using small, circular motions after 3~5 minutes (1-2 panels at a time). Humidity levels and ambient temperature will have an effect on curing time, so the higher the temperature and humidity, the shorter the amount of time between application and removal.
- After applying to the entire vehicle, be sure to look carefully for “high spots”, or darker patches where the coating wasn’t fully removed. Wipe these down right away, otherwise they will require machine polishing to remove if allowed to cure overnight.
- Do not allow the vehicle to get wet for at least 24 hours (the longer, the better), and don’t wash vehicle for 1 week.
- If using multiple layers as outlined in “layering options”, give 1~2 hours between layers.
- Do not use maintenance products other than Overcoat by KAMIKAZE.
- Only use pH neutral shampoos, with no additives, gloss enhancers, waxes, or polymers.
- Do not use any other types of toppers, coatings, waxes, sealants, no-rinse washes, or quick detailers with Zipang Coat. The looks, performance, and durability will suffer as a result!
- Can be used on both painted surfaces, and plastic trim.
- Designed, developed, and intended for professional-use only.
At ESOTERIC, we were personally trained by Kai Morita, founder of KAMIKAZE-Collection on the use of Zipang Coat. He also hand-delivered the very first batch in the world to his first worldwide distributor...ESOTERIC!